Monday, May 30, 2011
Another year gone
We were sitting at dinner when Ellen reminded us that she only has a few days until her freshman year is over. Then she really got me. She said, "Only three more years with me." I couldn't help it...here came the tears. Is it really only three more years until she is gone??? I can remember planning her third birthday and now I am thinking about number sixteen. And suddenly I am feeling all this fear. She hasn't even left for college and I am wondering if I have taught her enough about safety. I am fighting the desire to start planting the seed in her mind that she just needs to live with me forever so I can keep her safe. Will I be ready to release her to the world and will she be ready? The fears of a mother's heart. At least I have a verrrryy long time before I have to do it again with the boys. Maybe that is why God gave me kids so far apart!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment