Thursday, January 27, 2011

All things sick

Poor Ellen was so sick over the weekend.  I forced her to stay in her room as I didn't want the rest of us to get it.  Thankfully she is back at school today and our house is back to normal.
Now, I normally wouldn't jot this next story down, but Aunt Mimi has convinced me to make sure it is written somewhere.  So, here goes.
Doesn't this picture look sweet?
I found the boys in their room one morning and thought this was so cute...big brother trying to take care of little brother.  I praised Jess for being so sweet in trying to change Casen's morning diaper.  That was a huge mistake.  The next morning I was cooking breakfast and heard the kids in their room.  Jess came into the kitchen and very sweetly said, "Mom, come on.  Bubba poop on my bed."  And what I found as I entered their room was probably the most disgusting thing I have experienced as a parent.  Casen was totally naked and as Jess had said, he had pooped all over the bed...and then stepped in it...and then had stepped onto the carpet...and onto the clothes that were on the floor.  It was everywhere.  In that moment I calmly looked at Jess and said, "Who took off his diaper?".  Jess proudly said, "Me do it." 

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow!! A moment that one day you might be able to look back on and laugh about... but maybe not??

    ReplyDelete