Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The Holidays Are Here

Well, just being true to myself...I have only posted once after begging Ellen to help me get this site.  I had thought I would post all the time and add photos...guess I was wrong.  But I do have a few moments while the boys are napping, so here I go again.

I always love this time of year because as the weather gets colder and I am forced inside, I find myself with more "think" time.  And I love to think about my kids...who they once were, who they are becoming, and who they might be some day.  I look at Ellen and am thrilled to say that she will pass me in beauty, intelligence, style, wisdom and spiritually.  She is already so much more than I was even in my twenties...thats not to say that she isn't still very much 15 (with all its glory!).  It just means that it took me so much longer to get where she is.  What thrills me most is to look at her and know that her core being is good and solid.  She will most likely go "crazy" and be wild some, but I know that she will be okay in the end.  Praise God.  I always prayed when she was little that God would give me enough time on earth to get her to this point and I am so thankful that I was given that gift.
Now about Jess...well we are still up in the air about him!! Just kidding.  My precious fireball.  Its all true about red hair.  He is soooo sweet down deep and really quite funny...but he also is strong in spirit.  He has been making me laugh lately.  His language skills are finely getting stronger and he says the funniest, most random things to me.  He even makes himself laugh...which is priceless.  I am loving this age with him...almost want to keep him here forever.
Baby Casen...thats what Chris and I call him because he knows he is the baby.  He will sometimes "pretend" cry just to see if anyone will look at him.  He is hard to discipline because he is quick to hug you as you are getting him off the counters, off his dresser, off the back of the couch, etc.  He doesn't give you the chance to spank because he wraps himself around you and bear hugs...tell me he isn't smart!  He wants to be as old as Jess (he is physically as big).  He wants to be able to throw a ball and have coordination...but as much as he tries, it just doesn't seem to work for him!
Christmas should be extra special this year.  The boys are loving the lights and Ellen has made her list and emailed it to me (don't you love that)!  I love my life.

1 comment:

  1. You are so amazing cousin! Ellen is so beautiful and so perfect, and the boys are so precious. What happened to the little babies? Where does the time go? UGH! Only the Lord knows. Enjoying your blog, keep it up! Love your new dining room too!

    ReplyDelete